Wednesday, March 30, 2011

MVA

Sorry its been a while since I updated you all. I had a rough last week! Here's how it unfolded...

Last Monday I was supposed to go in to have my blood drawn and verify that my numbers were still dropping. They hadn't dropped that much over the span of 5 days the last week, so I was hoping they would have made a significant drop. Well, my number went from I think 301 to 341. With the rise, my RE thought I must have some residual tissue left in my uterus and she would need to go ahead with the MVA. Manual Vacuum Aspiration. This seems to be similar to a D&C, except you are fully awake and only get some muscle relaxers and 800mg of ibuprofen for pain and some meds to soften your cervix and prevent infection.

So Wednesday, I arrive with DH driving me since they said the muscle relaxers could make me a little loopy. Oh boy did they. First they took some bloodwork and then I had an ultrasound to check once again that my tubes were clear. Everything checked out with that, so we moved on to the MVA. Or what I like to think of as the attempt to remove my uterus via a vaccum. Holy Hell this was painful! My RE numbed my cervix with about four rather sharp pinpricks which wasn't too terrible. Then came the vacuum. Ohmydearlord. They told me they would count it down for me and I knew I was in trouble. Thank god my hubs was there because I would have felt bad squeezing the nurses hand like I was squeezing his. He told me after he was proud of me because I didn't make a sound, only had tears streaming down my face. Unfortunately she didn't think she got everything, so she had to do it twice. Double Ugh! I was sent on my way with orders to report back there in the morning for another beta. If my beta did not drop, I would have to have the Methrawhatver shot because then that was a good sign the pregnancy had attached to somewhere else in my body. I was praying for low numbers!

Thankfully I was sore for the day but the next day I was feeling pretty normal. I went in for my bloodwork and they called me back pretty early to give me my results. Now I know that my doctors office calls the good news people first because I always got my results when they were still relatively good news before 2 and any bad news after 5. My number dropped to 92 from 341!! Thank goodness!

I had my beta drawn again today and they said my numbers went to negative! Yay!!

Now comes the wait for AF, which they couldn't really tell me when to expect it since I had miscarried and then maybe a week and a half after had the MVA. Hopefully my body is following the original miscarriage date and it can be only a few weeks instead of a whole month...

No comments:

Post a Comment