Friday, April 15, 2011

The waiting game. . .

I'm a pro at it, as I am sure many of the other ladies who suffer from IF are. I am *thinking* I am going to be getting AF next week, so we will be able to begin trying again, but it is so darn hard to tell. My body has changed so much since I was pregnant that I don't feel like I know anything anymore. I am pretty sure I o'd sometime last week though...

As for other stressful events in my life, work is up there. Along with the wedding I am in next month. We are having a surprise shower for the bride this Sunday, so myself and one of the other bridesmaid have been feverishly making chocolates to present as the favors. It hasn't been nearly as bad as I was thinking, but I get pretty cranky when my normal routine is changed so I've been a brat the last two days. I can't wait for this entire wedding to be behind me.

On the work subject, I will have to add in a little background. I am an elementary school teacher. It is next to impossible to find an elementary teaching job in RI, especially a stable one at the moment, so I took the next best thing - a (very stable) assistant teacher position at a school I LOVE. I work at a lab school, where we conduct research on best practice, learning behaviors and new, innovative ways to teach. We are located on a college campus and are part of the Feinstein School of Ed. Because we are a lab school and when you are employed as a classroom teacher at my school, you are technically an assistant professor of the college, you have to have your masters. Therefore, an assistant teacher here has a bachelors, like moi. I love this school, so I took this (underpaid) job to "get my foot in the door". A perk of my job is I get to go to the college and earn my masters for free. ( I pay for fees.) I am currently hard at work on my masters and should be able to graduate in about one more year. Well, within the last week we have had two teachers announce their retirement and we had one other teacher announce a few months ago that she was not coming back after having her first child. Third, Fourth and Fifth grade are up for grabs. All three of these jobs I would KILL for, and I have no chance of even interviewing without my masters completed. This is my stress from work. There are many other factors that might change things, like the college not having the money to hire a permanent teacher, that would allow me to teach in one of the grades for one year without having my masters. I guess I can only hope for that to happen so I can get some experience to add to my resume!

I guess it wouldn't feel like my life if there wasn't something to stress about.

No comments:

Post a Comment