Monday, March 14, 2011

I've been graced!


with an award. :)
Here are the rules:
  1. Thank and link back to the person who gave me this award.
  2. Share 7 things about yourself
  3. Award other bloggers (you determine who and how many)
  4. Contact these blogs and tell them about the award
So, I have G here to thank for this wonderful award. (Thank you my dear!!)
OK. Here are those 7 little things about me.

1. I'm tough. And by tough I mean I am strong - physically and emotionally. While I was growing up my dad always wanted a boy, but ended up with three girls. Because of my close relationship with my father I was kind of a tomboy. I did everything with my dad that a son would do - fixing cars, remodeling the house, playing basketball/baseball, etc. This has made me, along with him, the strongest person in my family. My mother and sisters usually look to either of us for anything they need.
2. On the other end of this spectrum, I am emotional. Always. So are my two sisters and my mother. We cry at the drop of a hat. EVERYTHING can make me cry. A sad movie. A sad book. A touching commercial. Loud applause. (?haha) Seriously, who cries during loud applause?? Whenever I go to a concert my sister and I will look at each other and laugh because we will both have tears in our eyes because of the APPLAUSE. haha
3. I love to read. It's almost an obsession. If I really get into a book I can sit and read the entire thing in one sitting. Unfortunately I haven't been able to read as much as I would like to lately with taking classes. But, I am still determined to read at least 25 books this year. If I have a successful summer with reading, I am planning on upping my goal to 50!
4. I always try to look at the positives in every situation. This is a good thing since I married Mr. Negativity. The odd thing about this is with our recent loss he was the optimist and I was the pessimist. It was a good thing for me to be a little pessimistic then because I think I might have known it wasn't going to be a viable pregnancy and it made it a little more bearable when it was confirmed. Gregg was Mr. Positivity during this time. I don't know if he might have been preparing himself internally, but he didn't show that to me at all!!
5. I love to scrapbook. It's another obsession. I have an entire room dedicated to scrapbooking with (no joke) probably about $3-4,000 worth of stuff in there. The ONLY reason I have that much is because of donations from my aunt and the fact that I worked for a scrapbooking company and got a TON of it for free. :)
6. I have one niece and four (with one more on the way) nephews. And I seriously love them all to pieces!! Two of those little nephews are my godsons. They are the lights of my life at the moment and I really really can't wait to give them a little cousin (or two or three!!) :)
7. I am a teacher and I LOVE my job. It is challenging, that is for sure but I don't know if there is a more rewarding job out there. I was so worried that I would go through all the schooling and all the seriously hard work (because teaching is HARD work) and then hate the job. It is such a relief that I love it!!

So there you have it. It was really hard to write all that about myself!! Now to nominate some other blogs...

The Mommy Diaries
Mixed
Nothing Easy
The Thomas and Ben Chronicles

:)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the award! You're too sweet. I am exactly the same way about crying. It is almost impossible for me to watch someone else cry without crying myself. It's actually quite embarassing!

    ReplyDelete