So, Friday night DH and I had a date night. It was much needed as we had not seen each other for a week and hadn't had a date night of any sort for about 2 months, thanks to the holidays. While we were paying for our meal, my cousin called. She just had a little boy, Ben on December 8th.

She was wondering if I would be interested in watching him 2 days a week when she goes back to school. She will eventually be going back to work and would need me more than just those two days if I was interested in that too. Now, for those who know me, I have been toying around with the idea of starting a home daycare since I bought my house 6 years ago. The only thing that has stopped me was the renovations we were doing on our house. The renovations we did were mostly on the first floor, so that made it impossible for me to start a daycare without walls! Now, the first floor is pretty much complete and we are only working on the hallway upstairs and eventually the 2nd floor bathroom. Since things are almost complete, I can really think about starting a daycare! I watch my two nephews already, my cousin would like me to watch Ben and my sister is due on Feb. 27th and will need daycare when she goes back to work too!
Needless to say, I have been researching how to get licensed and thinking about what I need to do to get licensed and I think I am really going to try to make it work! DH and I were thinking about making our small 1/2 bath on the 1st floor a little bigger, but I think that starting my own business would give us more money to be able to do that, so we could put that on hold and I think he agrees!
I am so excited! I was nervous before, but now I am nothing short of ecstatic! Small Business Owner, here I come! Now, if only I could come up with a good name for it.....
No comments:
Post a Comment