Tuesday, March 31, 2009

HSG

So here's the scoop. 

Today was my HSG. I'm not going to lie, I was a little nervous! My doctors office scheduled my appointment for me without really asking when I could make it ... the lady actually said to me "Your appointment is on the 31st... it's time sensitive so we just have to schedule it as soon as possible" before I could even say I will make whatever work that I have to!! Unfortunately I was working today already, but my sisters both were planning on hanging out together so they watched the boys for me for the 2 hours it took. 

My doctor likes to have his patients take an antibiotic before and after the procedure to ensure an infection free experience. (Yes please!) So, I took a pill this morning before I left for work. I always eat breakfast with the boys, so I hadn't eaten anything yet. Big Mistake. I get to Pam's and start to feel nauseous. Pam looks scared as anything as I run to the bathroom and bless her toilet. Poor thing has a ridiculously weak stomach and I can hear her gagging on the other end of the apartment. I feel better immediately, but I am now nervous. What if it isn't the pill, what if I am really getting sick, what if.... I tell myself to stop it because now Pam is all worried I won't be able to take care of the boys. I honestly did feel amazing after. 

My doctors also said they were sending me some paperwork in the mail and that it would be here by Monday the latest. It still had not come, so I planned on going to my house to check the mail then going to my sisters to eat a quick lunch and drop off the boys. Of course, it takes me forever to convince 2 year old Parker that he does indeed want to leave the house and not stay home all day watching Backyardigans. So, now I am running late. I get everything done and leave my sisters still with plenty of time, only to realize when I get in the car that I have lost my wallet. I think I left it at my house but now I am really panicking. What if they need my insurance card. What if they need some form of ID.... I don't have anything with me at all! Not even a credit card. My stomach is in knots on the way there. 

I get into the hospital even a little early and am called in almost immediately. They did not ask for any form of id, insurance card, nothing. I'm starting to get a little less stressed out and more excited/nervous to find out what is going on with my ute. They explain what is going on and then bring me in to get nekked from the waist down and hop up on the moving platform that will hold the show. And then comes the waiting.... 5 mintues go by "She should be in momentarily". 10 minutes go by... "Here, have a magazine". 20 minutes go by. "I'm gonna go find her". 40 minutes later I am sweating when the radiologist walks in. Thank you baby jesus this is going to finally be over!! 

So, the procedure wasn't that bad. The worse part was when she took the speculum out - soo much pressure! My uterus filled up instantly and I was completely surprised at how small my uterus is!! Honestly I would think you could squeeze a quarter in there and that is about it!! My right fallopian tube also lit up right away, and again it was so small! The size of a small string. My left fallopian tube wasn't so cooperative. It took about 5 minutes for the dye to go in there, but it eventually did. There was a small spot that the radiologist was going to look at closer, but she said everything is open and good and nothing is there to worry about! 

Now on to Gregg's SA and lets see what happens from there!! 
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment