Tomorrow is my appointment with the fertility specialist and I am not going to lie... I am so nervous! I am excited to get things going, but I have been told for the last 4 years to not think about it and that it will happen and we don't need any outside help from family and doctors alike that I feel like I will go there and he will say why don't you try for another few months and then we will look into doing something. I think it is silly to think like that, but with 4 years of hearing it that is what my mind expects I guess... I don't know.
We told my MIL the other day that we were going to see a fertility specialist and ya know what she said? "Well, I am sure he will tell you to stop thinking about it and just have more sex!" Not for nothing, but we have been having "more sex" and "not thinking about it" for 4 years now and look where it has gotten us! Of all people I would have expected her to be excited that we were going to try to get things going faster since she has been bugging us about having grandchildren since we got married in 04! It just rubbed me the wrong way! I wish we had never told anyone we were trying, but I don't think that would have stopped all the comments about not having grandchildren so either way I was bound to hear it!
Gregg is on vacation this week and I am loving it! His birthday was yesterday, so we had dinner at my parents house and got to see my little niece too. My sister and BIL and Mia are coming over today too. My BIL is in construction so he is going to help Gregg get some things done around the house and my sister and I are going to go for a walk. She hasn't gotten out of the house that much since having Mia 2 weeks ago and is getting cabin fever! I am just so excited to have some progress going on in our house!! It has been under construction for 6 years now, and there has been progress along the way but there has also always been something torn apart! We have not had a break!! I can't wait for it to be done and I can invite people over without saying "Oh, don't mind that we don't have walls there... we are working on it!"
Someday.....
Here are some of Mia's first pictures. She is so precious!! 








What an angel!! She is beautiful. Hope your appointment goes (or went by now) well. I said a little prayer for you!
ReplyDelete