Tuesday, April 3, 2012

14 Weeks

Seriously, where is the time going!?! I can't even believe I am 14 weeks pregnant with these two little love bugs.

I've been a slacker, but mostly because all of my extra time has been consumed by getting my kitchen done! I will have to do a post with before, during and after pictures up as soon as we finish it. We are close!! 

As for how my pregnancy is going. . . great so far! I have the typical uncomfortableness and sickness, but I really don't want to complain about this. I am just so grateful to be pregnant with healthy little babies!
Speaking of the babes, I swear I felt them moving last week. I googled like crazy to see if it was even possible, and it really could have been them! I think I felt them tonight too. It isn't constant or anything, and maybe it could be gas, but it doesn't feel as strong as gas bubbles. It mostly feels like little thumps. They aren't more than a small thump and it's kinda low. Who knows if it is really them, I am just going to say it is so I can feel better! :)

I'm changing doctors. Not sure if I mentioned how unhappy I was with my first appointment with the doctors at my practice, but it has been eating away at me and I called on Friday to make an appointment at a place that many people I know love. I have always seen the midwives at my practice and LOVE the one I always see. But, they do not take twins due to the extra monitoring and what not, so I had to go see the doctors. When I met with the doctor for the first time, I had some questions. (Who wouldn't!) She came in, asked her questions, did an exam on me (which KILLED. I think she left a bruise.) and I had to talk fast to get ONE question answered before she quickly left and told me to make another appointment in three weeks as the door was closing. As I was telling this story to a few friends of mine, I was told of some very negative experiences they had with the same doctor(s) and this solidified my decision to switch. So, I have an appointment there this Friday, but will be moving to the new practice after that!

Anyway, this post is getting far too long, so I will leave you with a survey and I will post some pictures of my bulging belly tomorrow.

How far along?: 14 weeks
Total weight gain: I'm actually not sure. I haven't gotten on the scale since 13 weeks, but then I was still down 2 pounds.
How much does baby weigh?: They are the size of lemons. 
Maternity clothes?: Still using the jeans, but my sister gave me a TON of skirts that sit low enough to fit me for a while (I hope!) I have a few shirts but honestly, all of my shirts are already getting a little bit short! I am in desperate need for some more maternity shirts.  
Sleep?: OK. I am having some seriously bad dreams though. I'm killing people or other people are killing people. I freaked myself out last night with one and couldn't get back to sleep because I was sure it was real and someone was downstairs waiting to come up and take care of me and the hubs. Freaky. . .
Best moment this week?: Getting all of our cabinets installed!! Next is the flooring and hopefully the electric will be finished so we can COOK AGAIN! I never want to eat takeout again. Ever. 
Movement?:  As I mentioned earlier, I *think* I felt something. :)
Food cravings?: It was bagels for the past two weeks. Until I couldn't eat them anymore this Sunday. Nothing in particular has taken its place yet.
Symptoms?:  Still gagging, worse when I am hungry but it could even be when I have just eaten. Still so TIRED! Have had a headache for the past two days. Nose is crazy congested all.the.time. My back is KILLING me on the right side, right above my butt. Sometimes the pain shoots into my butt. Its the worse after I work for the day, since I am on my feet basically for 7 hours straight.
Labor signs?: None for a while I hope!
Belly button in or out?: In but I did notice it is a bit more shallow. . .
What I miss: Going a day without gagging.
What I'm looking forward to: Ultrsound on Friday! Hopefully I can talk the tech into taking a *guess* at the sexes!
Milestone: It might be silly, but I am fully believing I am pregnant now! That is an accomplishment in itself. lol

2 comments:

  1. Stopping in from UBP12! Look forward to seeing belly progress! Twins should be crazy fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found you via UBP12 and am now following via GFC! Congrats on your twins! EXCITING!!!!! You have a very cute lil belly! I'd love for you to stop by The Vintage Milk House! Have a great weekend! - Kali

    ReplyDelete