Saturday, February 26, 2011

First Beta

I got my first beta results yesterday. Of course Thursday night I had a nightmare that I had a miscarriage. My dreams have been so vivid since I have been pregnant (even before I knew I was) and this dream was the second that I woke up expecting to be in my dream. I dreamt that I started to bleed and was panicking the whole day.

I was hoping when I received my results I would be calmed, but was I ever wrong! The nurse called to congratulate me that I was in fact pregnant but said my number, at 42, was on the low end and to be "cautiously optimistic." Needless to say, all that did was amp up my worry and paranoia.

After many consoling words, some research on the internet and reading What To Expect When Expecting I realized that I shouldn't worry about this! I have my second beta on Monday and I am going to be hounding my phone all day at school! I just hope I don't give it away to my coworkers!!

:D

3 comments:

  1. My first number was 24, I believe. I now have an 8 month old. It really makes absolutely no difference if it's on the "low end" as long as it's doubling. Thinking of you & sending good thoughts your way. :) Found your blog through lurking on The Bump!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori. I found your blog on the mommy diaries blog (I've been reading her blog for several months). I just wanted to send a huge "congrats!" your way. Wishing you a completely healthy and happy 9 months!

    ReplyDelete