Thursday, August 9, 2012

We've got names!!

This pregnancy has brought with it so much happiness, and right along with that many things that have made me anxious. We have been waiting 8 years for these two angels, and in those 8 years we have discussed so many names. I thought I had my mind made up on names. 

Almost the minute I saw that positive pregnancy test, my name choices all of the sudden scared me. What if my child hated these names I had already picked out without even meeting them? What if I announced it to the world, and then I saw him or her and the name just didn't fit? Not only did I have my own fears, but that is one of the first things everyone asks you, and we were getting it full force. Gregg's Nana was even putting on the guilt trip that she needed to know the names ASAP so she could make their christmas stockings, in case she passed. We were really feeling the pressure. 

Then we found out we were having twins, and my anxiety doubled. Now we have to pick out two names! Gregg and I started talking right away about what we liked. Girls names, we had no problem with. If we were having two girls, we were set! Boys names, on the other hand, we could not decide on. I just knew we were going to have two boys with this conundrum on our hands. And I was right. 

Every night we would throw out names we each liked and take turns giving our reactions. Gregg is quite the joker, so of course this would turn into a "find the worse names" contest many nights. We compiled a list, adding and removing names daily, but couldn't pick out two names we both felt were "right". I was positive I wanted to wait until I saw them before we gave them their names to make sure they fit them. We had quite a variety of names on our list. We had some traditional names and some not so traditional names. Again, we were both absolutely sure we wanted non-traditional names. 

But all of that changed. 

We have decided on their names, though we haven't decided which boy will get which name. I at least want to see which name fits them of the two we have chosen. 

So, our choices for our boys are: 

Jacob and Joshua. 

Middle names will be Thomas and Michael, after our brothers that passed. We have tentatively put them together as Jacob Thomas and Joshua Michael, but it could change depending on what fits them. 


Even with all the anxiety I felt making a final decision, I also feel like a weight has been lifted! 
Our boys have names!! :) 

3 comments:

  1. Picking out names = SO fun! Best wishes for the rest of your pregnancy!

    xoxo ♥ Shar
    http://sharmartinez.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choices!! Love that you're going to wait to see which names fit which boy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here from one of the blog hops. Congratulations on your pregnancy and picking out the names - that was the hardest part for me! My husband and I were both set on different names and then suddenly I was like "OMG, let's use yours, I can't be held responsible for this!" LOL

    Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete