Let me try to catch up on everything I have missed.
I'm a registry stalker. Its seriously bad. But, thank goodness I am because the boys bedding went on clearance! It took me about three weeks of scouring the Babies R' US website to find this one set that I LOVE, and I would have cried (literally) if I had to try to find a new one. So, I bought the two sets. I couldn't find the mobiles ANYWHERE. They weren't available online and they were not in any stores within 50 miles of me or my BFF. So, I had accepted that I would go without mobiles. How long do you use them anyway? NBD. Well, I happened to go to the Babies R' Us right near me with a friend to pick up her furniture and THEY HAD THEM!! I was so excited!
We also got a dresser for the boys room at our trip to IKEA this past Friday. We were going to get the matching dresser to the cribs we are getting at Target. (The ever popular Graco crib - decently priced at $150 and good quality!) I wasn't too happy with the reviews though, and it was a little low for Gregg and I who are both tall and planned on using the dresser as the changing table too. Well, we found a dresser that was only $50 more, has more drawer space and is the PERFECT height for us to change the boys on! It probably won't match exactly, but they are both dark wood and it shouldn't be noticeable that they aren't an exact match. And, my mother-in-law is buying one crib and my sister-in-law is buying the other. All our big furniture is taken care of! :)
This is all getting so real now that we have baby things in the house. I can not wait to get their room painted, build that dresser and start organizing things! I have my sister coming to help me paint next week! Woot!
How far along?: 26 weeks
Total weight gain: As of last Friday I was up 20lbs.
How much does baby weigh?: They each now weigh about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel.
Maternity clothes?: All shirts are maternity now. Still wearing some skirts and pants that are not.
Sleep?: Getting worse and worse. If I forget to take my Zantac for the second time in a day (a common occurance) then I am up usually once with raging heartburn. Still only getting up once to pee, some nights I escape the pee break! I'm still having many insane dreams, so not sure how much quality sleep I am getting!
Best moment this week?: Let's see. . . probably when Gregg felt one of the strongest kicks I've felt yet! He was hilarious too. He gets a little creeped out when he feels them move, and this kick really freaked him out. He jumped out of bed saying "I've felt enough!"
Movement?: They are holding their own karate class in there now!
Food cravings?: Right now, I can't get enough salad! My favorite at the moment is romaine lettuce, strawberries, blueberries, peaches, chicken, almonds and glazed walnuts. Add some Raspberry Walnut dressing and I am in HEAVEN!
Symptoms?:Well, I am in pain all over. My back and my hips are the worse at the moment. I am still having braxton hicks contractions on a daily basis. Thankfully I can lay down when they get bad now that I am out of work. :) Like I said earlier, my dreams are weirder than usual. I definitely have the stretch marks down pat. :( This is something I knew was inevitable, but still who is ever happy about stretch marks? (Knock on wood) I am not swelling yet. I will on random days if I am walking too much or doing too much, but that has only happened twice now.
Labor signs?: Nothing (I think) I freak myself out daily wondering if I am going into preterm labor because I will get a backache, diarrhea, or some form of cramps - but they go away when I take it easier so I know that is just my body saying SLOW DOWN! (A hard concept for me to grasp)
Belly button in or out?: It is completely flat and pops out when I laugh or cough!
What I miss: A good nights sleep. (I should just get used to not sleeping though. . . )
What I'm looking forward to: Painting the nursery next week, and entering my THIRD TRIMESTER on Sunday! Where is the time going?!?!?
Milestone: I was a slacker, but I made it past viability day! :) Woot! And, even though I'm not happy about showing off my stretch marks, I know I like to see how others are progressing with their twin pregnancies, so here are some pictures of me at 26 weeks!





Show off those stretch marks! lol! That's the sign of a healthy baby(s):) I gained 80 pounds. I have such bad stretch marks that it actually scared my drs. Congrats and I can't wait to read more:)
ReplyDeleteHi,
ReplyDeleteI am a new follower I found your blog from reading your friend Kami's. I am actually pregnant with a little boy and I am 28 weeks. Hope things go well with your pregnancy.
www.thewms.blogspot.com