Saturday, December 19, 2009

Updates

I am the worse blogger ever. Here is the update on our first IVF appointment and all of the follow-ups that I had planned on writing forever ago!!

I went to my initial IVF appointment and had an internal ultrasound and general discussion about our plans. I talked to the doctor[s] about my history since she had Gregg's history from the urologist and then moved into the exam room. I knew I had recently ovulated, so it was really cool to see that on the monitor! I have had a small cyst on my right ovary on and off for over a year now, and she said it was no longer there so that is good! She also told me I have a beautiful uterus. (My mom did always tell me I was beautiful on the inside. At least I have proof now!!) She set me up to get a ton of bloodwork to be done as well as a Sonohysterogram to be sure I didn't have any new polyps since I had one removed a few years ago (which I don't have a new one). Everything is set and I go back to do any further tests in May!


Now that I got that all typed out, I can talk about some things Gregg and I decided on since I had all of those tests done.

When we got our news that there were no mistakes made (because all of my fellow Azoo ladies know we all had the thought that maybe they messed up on our labs!) I asked what he thought about ds if they don't find anything during his mTESE. He wasn't ready to talk about it (at all), and I really wanted to let him make the final decision in this since he is the one who has to deal with the feeling like this is all his fault. I want him to feel comfortable with everything we are doing. I'm not going to lie, it will kill me if I never get to carry my own child, especially with the doctor telling me I basically have the perfect uterus to carry a child!

Well, the other night we were talking about things and he told me that he would not be comfortable with using ds if they don't find anything.

::sigh::

I just pray that they find just a few little guys in there!

We also decided that no matter what happens, whether we have 1, 2, or 3 children, we are going to adopt at least one child. This battle with infertility has changed our views on everything. I have always been open to adoption, but Gregg has never been fully open to adoption.

There have been soo many changes within both of us, and honestly it was extremely difficult for us to go through what we have gone through, but it has made both of us stronger, it has actually (and i would have thought the opposite of this) made our relationship stronger and it has opened us both up more to each other!

Hey, I'm an optimist!




No comments:

Post a Comment